Karen Knowler Blog

Mold is Serious Business. Hire a Mold Removal Company

First, let's go over a quick primer on what mold is. Every kind of mold is a fungus, just like mushrooms and athlete's foot, for example. The mold that is toxic to humans is relatively uncommon in the fungi world, meaning most kinds you find in your house or business aren't dangerous. However, some toxic molds are dangerous, so any mold you find indoors must be cleaned up and completely removed.

Government experts recommend that you contact a mold damage cleanup hoover al company for help if the mold growth takes up more than 3 square feet. When you see any large amount of mold growth, though, it's smart to reach out for cleanup assistance from professional mold damage cleanup. Certified technicians can help you make sure there is no mold spots in other places around the structure using tools such as measurement devices and laboratory kits and more.

Before you contact mold damage repair technicians, the first step is to prevent the mold from getting worse. Do this by turning off any HVAC systems. Then, work to stop the dripping or condensation that supplied the mold. Make sure damaged roofs are no longer dripping into your attic and stop the flow of any moisture that has penetrated your basement. Then, stop it from spreading. You might block off the room with plastic sheeting, for instance.

Next, decide if you need to get professional help. Think about not only the damaged area, but also any aggravating health issues you have. Allergy or asthma sufferers who have trouble breathing, for instance, should avoid mold removal activities.

Once you've decided, there are vital steps to take in either direction. To finish the cleanup yourself, gather supplies such as long mold-approved gloves, coveralls and a mold-safe mask and sealed eye protection. You could also need something to trap mold from reaching the floor and tools to cut out and replace drywall, if that's where you found the mold. Mold removal specialists agree that you should avoid leaving moldy and unpainted drywall anywhere because it can't be cleaned well enough. Whatever you do, don't clean with bleach, especially if you're dealing with a serious mold damage problem. It's mostly unsuccessful for soft surfaces, afterall, and only partially effective on hard ones. It's also potentially toxic because it can release fumes and should never be mixed with ammonia-based cleaners such as window cleaner.

If you're concerned enough about mold problems to do online research, you will want certified mold removal technicians service. For example, don't hire a mitigation service focused on humid areas.

Before you select any expert, make sure that they are licensed and registered properly and that they are approved by watchdogs such as the Contractor Connection, Restoration Industry Association and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration. The State Business Licensing Division is a good place to get started, and you should check for approval by groups such as as the Contractor Connection, Restoration Industry Association and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration.

You need to remove any mold growth you find to prevent further toxicity risk, and do it right away. If you don't, mold growths will continue to feast on your home or business and can destroy your things. Some molds, those that release toxic spores, can also cause major health problems ranging from brain damage. Mycotoxins can be especially harmful to babies and kinds

The safest way to clean up your mold problem is to get professional mold damage help. Don't hesitate.